This December as you think of year-end giving, please consider giving the greatest gift of all, the gift of love. The love of family is the love that can heal us and bring us together.
During this holiday season, we are kindly asking for donations to our Red Stocking Campaign.
2022 Red Stocking Campaign
The Red Stocking Campaign is a historical campaign sponsored by Children’s Home Societies around the country to raise money to help find safe and loving homes for children of all ages.
The Red Stocking Campaign started in 1909 and is a way for the community to be a part of the amazing work Children’s Home Societies provide.
For 122 years, Children’s Home Society of Virginia has been finding permanent adoptive homes for children of all ages throughout the Commonwealth and providing critical support services to birth families, adoptive families, and past and present adoptees. Since our founding, we have served nearly 16,000 Virginia children, youth, and families.
We change the lives of children of all ages, from infants to teens. But this is work that would not be possible without the support of our wonderful community.
Your Gift’s Impact
More than 75% of our funding comes from generous donors. Without your support, we would not have been able to continue building strong families generation after generation. Together, we have made a difference in the lives of Virginia’s at-risk children, one child at a time, for more than one hundred and twenty years.
When you support adoption, you give adoptive children the chance to bloom into exceptional individuals. Your year-end giving can help adoptive youth overcome a lifetime of trauma.
Over the past year, your support has made all of this possible:
- 89 foster children matched with adoptive families.
- 48 foster children found their forever homes.
- Our Post Adoption Program served 537 children and parents.
- Our My Path Forward Program provided 24 youth with safe, quality housing.
- Our Advocacy Program educated 68 legislatures about the Virginia Foster Care System.
- We received 149 adoption inquiries from adult adoptees.
From our efforts to finding forever families to providing housing for youth who have aged-out of the foster care system, we couldn’t do what we do without you.
Every dollar makes a difference in the life of a child. Here are some of the ways we put your year-end giving to work:
- For $50, you can facilitate a meeting with a child in foster care and a prospective adoptive family.
- For $100, you can buy a Post Adoption Club activity that allows adoptive children to bond with other children like them.
- $250 covers the cost of one trauma-informed parenting skill training for prospective and adoptive parents.
- $500 provides internet service for a youth enrolled in the My Path Forward program so they can fulfill their educational objectives.
- $1,000 furnishes a youth’s apartment enrolled in the My Path Forward program.
- $1,500 covers one year of parent coaching support for an adoptive child and their family.
- $5,000 covers one year’s worth of rent for a youth enrolled in the My Path Forward program.
Children’s Home Society of Virginia | Support Virginia Adoption
You can make a one-time donation by clicking the button below. You can also choose to make recurring donations.
As always, we thank you for your interest in and support of CHSVA and our mission. Let’s continue to make a difference for Virginia’s children and families for years to come!