A home study is an assessment of a prospective adoptive family and is required by the State of Virginia for families wishing to adopt.
CHSVA provides home study services for the following types of adoptions:
- Foster care adoption
- Parental placement adoption
- Interstate adoption
- Custody adoption
- Relative adoption
A home study typically takes about 2-3 months to complete. The process includes training, interviews, a home visit, and paperwork (including background checks, medical reports, financial statements, etc.). During this process, you and a trained social worker will determine together your readiness to adopt.
CHSVA Home Study Requirements:
- Applicants must be 25 years of age or older
- Applicants must have clean, safe housing with space for a child
- Applicants must have safe, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance
- Applicants and all household members must meet all Minimum Standards required by Virginia
Please contact us if you are in need of a home study.
Click here to learn more about our service fees.