GOALS & OBJECTIVES
» Download the Strategic Plan PDF
CHILDREN’S HOME SOCIETY WILL BE …
Client-focused and results-driven
- Anticipate and respond to community need for services
- Design innovative and trauma-informed programs
- Utilize best practices in service delivery
- Evaluate services for impact and make changes as needed
Fiscally sound and financially well managed
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing supporters
- Cultivate relationships with and solicit a diverse group of potential supporters
- Increase long-term sustainability of the organization
Effectively led, managed, staffed, and supported
- Capitalize on Board engagement and support
- Attract and retain qualified staff and volunteers
- Maintain best practice internal processes and controls
Viewed as experts in our field
- Increase awareness of CHS services
- Increase awareness of the needs of at-risk children and youth
- Advocate for elimination of systemic challenges that negatively impact at-risk children and youth
- Visibly demonstrate leadership and expertise to encourage engagement with CHS
To build strong permanent families and lifelong relationships for Virginia’s at-risk children and youth
A thriving family for every child
Service: We exist to serve others, and we are committed to providing a superior level of service to each and every customer. We consider everyone we impact, and everyone who impacts us, part of our CHS family.
Integrity: We conduct ourselves with integrity in every aspect of our work. We embrace honesty as a core of who we are, and how we build trust with our clients and our community.
Collaboration: We actively seek mutually beneficial partnerships and build teams for strategic, sustainable success. Just like with family, the best outcomes come from working together.
Compassion: We are passionate about our mission and care deeply about the individuals, families and communities we serve. We share in the trials and triumphs of our community and believe that our humanity connects us.
Equity: We take an all-inclusive approach to service delivery where everyone is valued and respected. We celebrate the diverse voices of our clients, staff and partners. We believe that embracing our differences strengthens our connections, bringing us closer to the communities we serve and better positioning us to create equitable outcomes.