GOALS & OBJECTIVES
CHILDREN’S HOME SOCIETY WILL FOCUS ON…
Finding Permanent Families for Vulnerable Children
- Increasing awareness and recruiting more diverse adoptive families to meet the unique needs of children
- Increasing and strengthening partnerships within the community
- Evaluating expansion into prevention services
Supporting Adoptive Families to Ensure Permanency
- Providing resources, community connections and support to adoptive families
- Providing guidance, information and support to adult adoptees reconnecting with birth families
Supporting Youth Who Have Aged Out of Foster Care During the Transition to Adulthood
- Obtaining and maintaining agency-owned housing
- Increasing participation of youth ages 17-21 in the Independent Living Arrangement program
- Increasing community partnerships to provide trauma-informed wrap around services to youth
- Training and empowering youth and alumni to engage in advocacy
Advocating for Positive Systemic Change in Virginia
- Continuing to implement policy recommendations identified by Panel of Experts
- Engaging and empowering families and youth to share their stories and advocate for change
- Monitoring and responding to federal policy changes
- Increasing partnerships with community stakeholders and policy makers to increase impact
Remaining Fiscally Sound and Effectively Lead
- Identifying longer-term impact for clients served
- Finding innovative ways to diversify funding streams and increase earned revenue
- Sharing client success and agency impact to raise awareness in the community
- Maintaining a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of agency work
To build strong permanent families and lifelong relationships for Virginia’s at-risk children and youth
A thriving family for every child
Service: We exist to serve others, and we are committed to providing a superior level of service to each and every customer. We consider everyone we impact, and everyone who impacts us, part of our CHS family.
Integrity: We conduct ourselves with integrity in every aspect of our work. We embrace honesty as a core of who we are, and how we build trust with our clients and our community.
Collaboration: We actively seek mutually beneficial partnerships and build teams for strategic, sustainable success. Just like with family, the best outcomes come from working together.
Compassion: We are passionate about our mission and care deeply about the individuals, families and communities we serve. We share in the trials and triumphs of our community and believe that our humanity connects us.
Equity: We take an all-inclusive approach to service delivery where everyone is valued and respected. We celebrate the diverse voices of our clients, staff and partners. We believe that embracing our differences strengthens our connections, bringing us closer to the communities we serve and better positioning us to create equitable outcomes.