Children’s Home Society is proud to have been recognized by our peers and the child welfare industry, not just in Virginia but nationally as well. Here are some of the awards we have received just on the last ten years!
- 2016 Virginia Housing Awards/ Best Housing Program or Service/VAGHC awarded to The Possibilities Project (now called My Path Forward)
- Outstanding Adoption Story of the Year award at the 2016 Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Adoption Summit
- One of our adoptive parents Steven Effinger was honored with the 2016 National Adoption Award from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- 2017 Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) Angels In Adoption Award
- 2018 Carol S. Fox Making Kids Count Award/Voices for Virginia’s Children
- Richmond Times-Dispatch Person of the Year 2018 Honoree Nadine Marsh-Carter
- YWCA 2018 Pat Asch Fellowship Award to Nadine Marsh-Carter