The Possibilities Project needs volunteers to help with in a variety of ways. You can volunteer your time by:
- Becoming a mentor
- Hosting a workshop to teach important or fun skills
- Providing groceries or toiletries for a youth in the program
Participants in The Possibilities Project have need of various items throughout the year. You can visit our Wish List page to stay updated on what we need. Please call 804-353-0191, ext 180 and speak with Marny Hackley if you are planning to donate any items.
Spread the Word
Help us share information about youth aging out of foster care and their needs by sharing our social media posts. You can find us on Facebook!
Make a Gift
Every dollar makes a difference in the life of a youth transitioning into adulthood from foster care. Here are some of the ways we put your gifts to work:
- One month of counseling support for a young person who has aged out of foster care
- One year of internet access for 2 youth to enable them to complete school work and apply for jobs
- One year of basic needs and emergency expenses for a young person transitioning into adulthood.
- One year of books and school supplies for a young college student.
- One year of support with emergency car repairs for two young people.
- One year of groceries for a young person learning smart shopping and budgeting
- One year of counseling support for a young person becoming an adult
- One year of utilities and internet access for two young people completing their education and learning to become independent adults.
- Warm winter coats, hats and gloves for 10 young people transitioning into adulthood.
- One year of vocational training for a young person learning a trade and independence.